The following are the Counter-Missionary Survival Seminar notes for Micah 5 session.
Micah 5: Is Bethlehem The Messiah's Birthplace? Does the passage mean that the Jewish Messiah must be born is Bethlehem?
Who is the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, the prince of peace?
2 But you, O Bethlehem of Ephrathah, who are one of the little clans of Judah, from you shall come forth for me one who is to rule in Israel, whose origin is from of old, from ancient days. 3 Therefore he shall give them up until the time when she who is in labor has brought forth; then the rest of his kindred shall return to the people of Israel. 4 And he shall stand and feed his flock in the strength of the L-rd, in the majesty of the name of the L-rd his G-d. And they shall live secure, for now he shall be great to the ends of the earth; 5 and he shall be one of peace. If the Assyrians come into our land and tread upon our soil, we will raise against them seven shepherds and eight installed as rulers. 6 They shall rule the land of Assyria with the sword, and the land of Nimrod with the drawn sword;
they shall rescue us from the Assyrians if they come into our land or tread within our border.
Isaiah Chapter 9:2-6
2. You have aggrandized this nation; you have magnified the joy for them; they have rejoiced over You like the joy of harvest, as they rejoice when they divide spoils.
3. For, the yoke of his burden and the staff of his shoulder, the rod of the one who oppressed him have You broken, as on the day of Midian.
4. For every victory shout sounds with clamor, and garments wallow in blood, but this shall be burnt, consumed by fire.
5. For a child has been born to us, a son given to us, and the authority is upon his shoulder, and the wondrous adviser, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, called his name, "the prince of peace."
6. To him who increases the authority, and for peace without end, on David's throne and on his kingdom, to establish it and to support it with justice and with righteousness; from now and to eternity, the zeal of the Lord of Hosts shall accomplish this.